Hip-Physiocure® is a Specialist Hip Physiotherapy Rehabilitation Clinic established by Louise Grant, Hip Specialist Chartered Physiotherapist. It is located within Bannatyne Health Club, Cookridge Hall, Leeds.
At our clinic we see patients with a variety of hip issues including:
- Femoro-acetabular Impingement (FAI)
- CAM and pincer deformities
- Hip Dysplasia
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Coxa Profunda/Protrusio
- Hip Labral Tears
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Peri-acetabular Osteotomy (PAO)
- Total hip replacement (THR)
- MAKO robotic arm assisted hip replacement
- Hip re-surfacing
- Revision hip surgery
- Psoas release
- Trochanteric Bursitis
- Osteitis Pubis
Louise and the team provide specialist hip physiotherapy to patients with hip problems pre and post operatively, and to patients who wish to manage their problem non-surgically. Louise has extensive experience of seeing high volumes of patients following hip arthroscopy, peri-acetabular osteotomy (PAO) and total hip replacement (THR). She works closely with hip surgeons from all around the country, often attending consultant clinics and observing surgery in order to provide the most effective rehabilitation for that particular patient.
Louise attends international and national specialist hip conferences and training, a selection of which are listed below:
- 'Sports Hip Surgery', Warwick, June '10, June ‘16 and July '18.
- '4th International Hip Arthroscopy (ISHA) Meeting', Munich, Nov' 10
- 'Hip Masterclass', The Wellington Hospital, London, Nov '10
- 'Tips for Hips', Society of Orthopaedic Medicine, Manchester, March '11
- 'Hip Arthroscopy Cadaver Training', (2 days), London, June '11. With special thanks to Smith & Nephew, Jon Conroy and Richard Villar.
- 'Sports Hip Update', Salford Orthopaedic Series, Sept ‘11
- 'ISHA Annual Scientific Meeting', Paris, Oct '11
- 'Sahrmann lumbar and hip movement systems', Manchester, Nov '11
- 'British Hip Society Annual Scientific Meeting', Manchester, Feb '12
- 'York Athletes Hip Meeting', York, May '12
- '5th International Hip Arthroscopy Meeting', Munich, Nov '12
- Sports Hip Arthroscopy, Sports Hip London, Feb ‘13
- Hip & Knee Joint Preservation Seminar, Cambridge, March '13
- ‘7th ISHA Annual Scientific Meeting’, Cambridge, Sept ‘15
- The North-East England Hip Preservation Course, Newcastle, Jan ’16 and May ’17
- Yorkshire Hip Arthroscopy Meeting, May’12, May’14, Nov’14, May’15, May’16, and May’17
- ‘10th ISHA Annual Scientific Meeting’, Melbourne, Oct’18
- The London Hip Meeting, April’19
- Yorkshire Hip MAKO Robot Meeting, May’19
- 11th ISHA Annual Scientific Meeting', Madrid, Oct’19
Following an in depth assessment and analysis of your hip problem we will construct a treatment plan. We use treatments such as soft tissue techniques (myofascial release, trigger point therapy), manual therapy, dry needling, electro-acupuncture, cupping, pilates, hydrotherapy, muscle imbalance work that we have mastered over our many years of practice, additional post-graduate training and experience in this area.
We understand how the hip has an impact on the rest of the body and use a whole body approach to help you.
Louise has produced on-line hip arthroscopy rehabilitation and hip hydrotherapy guides which can be viewed on:
Feb ’11 – Louise presented two talks for 'The London Hip Arthroscopy Centre' on the topics of hip arthroscopy rehabilitation and the sacro-iliac joint and considerations in hip rehabilitation. Hosted by Professor Schilders and Vikas Khanduja.
Wellington Masterclass Brochure 2011.pdf
March ’11 – Hip Masterclass delivered to North Yorkshire NHS Trust Physiotherapy Department by Professor Schilders and Louise Grant. Louise presented on hip arthroscopy rehabilitation and a case study of a CAM deformity patient.
May ’11 – Hip Masterclass presented to North East Physio First branch members. Speakers were Professor Schilders, Louise Grant, Anna Nelson and Laura Jarvis.
May ’12 – The York Athletes Hip Meeting. Louise was invited as a member of faculty to present at this seminar run by Smith & Nephew. Course Convenor was Mr Jon Conroy and additional hip surgeon speakers were Mr Paul Jairaj.
Nov ’13, May ’14, Nov ’14 and May ’15, May ’16, May ’17 – Louise was invited to speak as Faculty on the topic of Hip Arthroscopy Rehabilitation at The Yorkshire Hip Arthroscopy Meetings, organised by Mr Jon Conroy. These seminars are delivered to GPs, Physiotherapists and Allied Health Professionals interested in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients with young adult hip disease.
Sept ’15 – Louise was invited to speak on the main Podium at the 7th International Society For Hip Arthroscopy (ISHA) Meeting 2015 about her work with Pre-habilitation and Hip Arthroscopy Patients. She was also invited by ISHA and Prof Amir Takla, who is Head of the ISHA Physiotherapy Committee, to co-organise the Physiotherapy Program at the conference, along with Emma-Jane Harding, Hip Chartered Physiotherapist, CHHP, London.
Jan ’16 and May ’17 – Louise, Tom and Anna were invited to speak at the Newcastle Hip Preservation Course by Ajay Malviya, consultant hip orthopaedic surgeon.
July ’18 – Louise was invited by Professor Damian Griffin to speak at his ‘Sports Hip 2018 Conference’ regarding her research and work in hip pre-habilitation for hip arthroscopy. She was also invited to attend and contribute to an International Consensus meeting on hip arthroscopy rehabilitation.
Oct ’18 – Louise travelled all the way to Melbourne, Australia to speak at the 10th International Society For Hip Arthroscopy Scientific Annual Meeting, presenting her ‘HAPI’ study and also work with hips and Hypermobile Ehlers Danlos patients.
Oct ’19 – Presented in Madrid, Spain at the International Society For Hip Arthroscopy Scientific Annual Meeting on pre-operative physiotherapy in hip arthroscopy.
Apr ’20 – Louise was invited to co-host the hip module with Dr Jane Simmonds for the Ehlers Danlos Society virtual ECHO program.
Jun ’20 – Louise and Anna were invited to speak virtually at the Hamburg Hip Conference on ’The team approach in hip condition management’ and ‘Considerations in hip management with Hypermobility and Ehlers Danlos’.
March 2021 - The Journal of Hip Preservation Surgery - Louise Grant co-authored publication ’The 2019 International Society of Hip Preservation (ISHA) physiotherapy agreement on assessment and treatment of femoroacetabular impingement syndrome (FAIS) : an international consensus statement.
Click here to read.
March 2020 - The British Journal of Sports Medicine - Louise Grant had article ‘My Total Hip Replacement’ published.
Click here to read.
January 2017 - The HAPI ‘Hip Arthroscopy Pre-habilitation Intervention’ study : does pre-habilitation affect outcomes in patients undergoing hip arthroscopy for femora-acetabular impingement? The Journal of Hip Preservation Surgery.
The HAPI ‘Hip Arthroscopy Pre-habilitation Intervention’ study
April 2016 - Exercise as Medicine : Pre-habilitation for hip surgery patients. FitPro Magazine.
Fit Pro Hip Article
In alphabetical order:
- Damien Griffin
- Ernest Schilders
- Giles Stafford
- Jon Conroy
- Max Fehily
- Paul Jairaj
- Richard Villar
- Smith & Nephew
- Yorkshire Hip Arthroscopy